COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Sunday, August 17, 2008

July 3, 2008
















Well, I leave for Jacksonville, Florida on Wednesday at 4 in the morning: it's going to be dark outside. I still don't know what it looks like dark here because the sun goes down after 10 and I am in bed at that time , it should be interesting.
.. Well, to my family who emailed me back: don't email me, just send me letters. I only am allowed on my email for thirty minutes and I don't have time to read any of them. I sent out 4 letters today before I came here to do my laundry and email... so I feel a hundred percent better. I'm no longer sick... I also have some pretty cool stories... Elder Miller who has been really sick this whole time asked me to give him a blessing on Saturday night and I did and he hasn't thrown up at all since... it was pretty cool. Elder Chadwick is still pretty fun we are getting along great as companions.
On Monday I hurt my back again...I couldn't move at all Monday night. I have been going back to get ice for it everyday, but it's not getting better. When I went to the trainer today he just told me to go to the Dr. office and I set an appointment for 3:40 so I came here earlier than I was supposed too... hope I don't get in trouble... There are Three Canadians in my branch they have class in the room next to my district and I talked them into singing the Canadian national anthem to our district but they made me sing it with them so it was kinda funny cuz I don't know the words to save my life. I am not really looking forward to the 4th cuz I don't think anything will happen here.. At home I always got to look forward to having our yearly pool party with hot dogs and everything. I hope we at least get them...
Yesterday our teacher asked us to give her a Book of Mormon as if she were an investigator on the street and I said,
"I know that this book holds the true gospel of Christ and that it has given me a security and that because of it, I will never be alone for all Eternity."
After I said this I was filled with not just a burning in my bosom but it seemed to fill my entire body... this feeling alone was strong enough to confirm any doubt that any person could possibly have. It was as if I gained a pure knowlege of my Heavenly Father's love for me and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon..
I have never felt the spirit that strong in my entire life...
Other than that, I got into a Bible bash on the phone at the reference center. Someone called in and he was crazy anti-Mormon and he was just yelling and telling my why this church is false and all this other crap. It was fun... all of the Elders and Sisters in my district were all sitting around looking up scriptures so that I could counter everything he said... however, I didn't get to send him a Book of Mormon, 'cuz the bash went on for longer than 40 minutes and I had to go to Priesthood meeting so we had to leave. But I did send the Book of Mormon and missionaries to 12 people during my time there which is pretty exciting and I got to bear my testimony to even more people... all I can do now is pray and hope it works out right...
Well I want to hear more about what the Suns are doing... Jason, that is your cue ...I want newspaper clippings and everything you can find... and anybody else can write me about the Suns as well I want to know everything... my roomate is a Jazz fan.... sick.
Mom you aren't going to believe this... your package and one of the letters you sent my you put the wrong box number on so it went to the wrong district... and Jake happens to be the district leader of the box number you sent it to. He came up to me at lunch and said that he got some of my letters... I thought it was funny that you just happened to send it to his box when it could have been anybody's. Well I got to go finish my laundry and Elder Sessions is waiting on the computer...
MOM I want you to write my FLorida Address in this email before you forward it cuz I don't know it... my mission home will work and they will just send it to wherever I am... but if anyone thinks they can get me a letter by Tuesday I will be able to read it... and I want the brown shoes they are awesome...and everyone should still write me.
I love you all.

Elder Trevon J. Rogers
Florida Jacksonville Mission
8651 Baypine Road Suite 105
Jacksonville, Florida 32256

No comments:

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us