COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Sunday, August 17, 2008

July 21, 2008

Well this last week was pretty cool. It rained a whole lot. You couldn't see 15 feet: it was nuts!
Elder Vincent and I are teaching this lady named Angie and her kids. She stopped answering the door when we came and we finally got to talk to her in the street and she told us that her brother who is a drunk stole a bunch of stuff and she is helping him pay for the fines.. and her sister left her husband for a child molester and she took her kid and is trying to get full custody. It's pretty intense.. she just needs to realize that it's times like this that she needs the missionaries the most. We went to a wedding on Saturday for this girl that we have been teaching, who is black... we were the only white people there... it was hilarious... we actually got a lot of teaching opportunities... I even talked to her pastor that married them. I told him my favorite part of the wedding was when he said "till death do you part"... that's an embarrassment to his beliefs... he was really cool though at the end. When we were leaving, he shook my hand and told me that everyone I don't get, he will get... it was pretty funny.
Yesterday we set a date for Don Clark to get baptized... He is so tight! He had some bad pictures on his wall the first time we taught him and he asked if it was appropriate or not. I told him that it's between him and the Lord and he said that when we are there, that picture makes him feel uncomfortable. We gave his wife who is a member who was excommunicated and trying to get back into the church a blessing, so she could stop smoking and we took her cigarettes. We still have them, we want to do something destructive to them and the best we have come up with so far is burning them... but that kind of defeats the purpose.
Well, I hope all is well at home... I liked getting the Suns newspaper mom... I hope that Alondo Tucker can step up and give us another scorer. And DJ Strawberry can be a backup point guard.
I am going to eat dinner at a part members house today and we are watching Mobsters and Mormons... well, we got to go shopping, so I will talk to you all later... love you tons.

No comments:

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us