COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Sunday, August 17, 2008

August 4, 2008

Ha, ha! Don't worry about the pictures mom. I just had to put a phone number and I don't know ours yet. Congratulations to Jakob for getting baptized. I sent you a birthday present that I hope you will like... sorry it's late and I have no idea how long it will take to get there. Well, this last week has been awesome... it's been very spiritual. At the beginning of the week we went to do service for an inactive family in the ward that owns a pirate store... they are the ones who let us use their computer to email you every week... this store is awesome and we get everything at 1/3 the price. After the service, they took us to a Chinese food all you can eat... AND I TRIED SUSHI. It was really good and they said it wasn't even real sushi and it was just the crappy stuff they make to imitate it... so what i ate isn't really even as good. They had really good crab and crawdad wasn't too bad either... it rained for about 3 days straight. It was sweet but when it cleared up it was insanely humid... but it's all good 'cuz we drive a car around because our area is so big. On Thursday, Don Clark, this sweet guy who we have been teaching for a while wanted us to give him a blessing and he asked me to do it. Elder Vincent is the District leader so he interviews all of the people that are getting baptized and the Sisters had somebody who was supposed to get baptized on Saturday so we went to interview him and then he wanted me to give him a blessing afterwards. It was so cool. I didn't even think of what to say the words just came.
The sad part is the guy the sisters were supposed to get baptized didn't show up to the baptism. But on the bright side, Don got baptized on Sunday. It was so cool... he is so tight... he will be a bishop in no time.
Our laundry hamper broke last week so today we went to a members house to use thier's and it took like 5 hours, it was really slow. So we took a nap and watched Testaments... We have been teaching a guy named Marcellous. He is a 17 year old black kid and he writes all of these Christian raps... he is really funny but he just doesn't get it... he told us when he was at bible study he said something about how the Mormons were coming to teach him and his preacher got all mad and said they are devil worshippers... burn the Book of Mormon... it is the only way to get rid of the demons that possess it....
I couldn't stop laughing after he told me this... he thought that the guy had to have some reason to think this but after we talked to him about it he thought the guy was crazy...
Well, I have a Dr. appointment next Monday for my back. I hope I can get something fixed... it kinda hurts whenever I have to stand up for a long time or when we go tracting.
So, I don't know what to think about signing the guy from golden state...I am having a huge brain freeze right now and can't remember his name but I have never really liked him.. He is kind of a punk... but when I found out he was willing to play for minimum wage I decided that it was a pretty good deal. I hope it pays off. Well, we are gonna go over to the sisters apartment and get them to make us something to eat... I am hungry.
Love you all.

No comments:

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us