So this week was pretty slow... we had trade offs with the Zone leaders and Elder Garnette and I got the cops called on us. It was pretty funny... we were tracting this really ghetto apartment complex and we were talking to these two girls outside thier apartment for a long time. They were pretty interested and then this Hispanic guy that was a worker for the complex, janitor or something, came up and yelled in broken English "you can't be here. You have 5 minutes to get off property" I answered back "we will leave when we are done talking to these girls" and he yelled "I am calling the police" and he pulled his phone out and without pushing any buttons on it or anything he yelled into it "call the police" so it was kind of an empty threat so we just ignored him and kept teaching . So he went and got the manager and she came over and told us we had to leave as soon as we were done teaching those girls and Elder Garnette said "that's what we said we were going to do he just wasn't listening" and then the Hispanic guy started yelling and cussing like crazy... he was good at cussing ...you could actually understand him... anyways then we left and that was about it...
On Thursday we had zone conference... it was pretty good ....the lunch was great... we had President interviews afterwards and so did 14 other missionaries so we were there waiting to get into our interviews for about 4 hours... but it was good. It was the most unprofessional interview I have ever had with President . We just talked and joked about the mission and the members and stuff... he told me that the Mandarin 1st ward bishop is his home teacher and he asked President how he can afford to put his best missionary in Mandarin 2nd and President thought he meant Elder Probert so he started talking about the plans he had for Probert but Bishop said "no, I am talking about Elder Rogers." That made me feel good...
Chris and Aimee went out of town for the weekend and they have been talking about moving their wedding to March... I am pretty upset about it. We are going to set up another appointment with Bishop for them and hopefully he can move things up...
Anyways I got the cd...and I loved it I almost started crying in the first track because it was all of the little people singing to me and their voices are all so different... especially Kailin and Anna... I was really impressed... Jakob is doing so good on the piano! I loved their song! I miss all those little guys! Midget!
I will make a tape back and send it soon I will start on it tonight.
love you all. Love those letters....keep them coming!
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment