Christmas was wonderful! I was so happy that I got to talk to everybody.
It was so much fun!
So, on Saturday we woke up to go to the gym and our car wouldn't start. It was a huge bummer and after a while we got Virgil to come and jump start it for us... he is the last baptism I had. So we were able to get on with our day... we were tracting and we ran into a man named Michael Burner who is really sweet. I taught him the first and committed him to be baptized on the 4th he said yes. He is a sweet black guy with this tight grill... anyways he came to church yesterday and loved it ..but we found out he smokes so we are going over there tonight to teach him the Word of Wisdom. Johnny's baptism got moved back a week because of minor problems. But he is still ready for it so he will probably be getting baptized on the 4th as well.
So for those of you who don't know I am training and for those of you who don't know that means that my companion is brand new from the MTC.
His name is Elder Hill and he is from Orem, Utah.
I think the Lord is trying to test me. My patience has grown alot since I started last week. But we are doing great. We found out that one of our investigators named Angie is getting married to her fiance in March and that means that she can be baptised right afterwards. I wish we could move the wedding forward but her fiance who is a really sweet member is still married to his wife and he can't get the divorce finalized untill March. She is ready all we need is the baptismal interview.
So on Sunday we woke up and the car didn't start again... so we got a neighbor to jump start us and went to church and then we went to Johnny's house to teach him and the car wouldn't start again so we decided to leave it there for the time and walk to Angie's which wasn't too far, there we watched the Gordon B. Hinckley movie... he is my favorite I cried during it it was soooo good. Then we walked to the Bishops and got him to come jump start our car. But it didn't work this time so we left it there and Bishop drove us home and we just cleaned the apartment the rest of the day.
So today we went back to the car with Bishop and we finally got it running and we had to take it all the way to the other side of Jacksonville to get it fixed and that is why I am writting so late.
Anyways I hope everyone is doing well I am going to start on a tape tonight since I have a tape player.
I love you all.
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment