COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Monday, January 5, 2009

January 5, 2009

So, this week was kinda lame. We got some new solid investigators... but we found out that Johnny wasn't listening to anything we said: so he did not get baptized, so we dropped him... and Michael... it turns out is on parole and you can't get baptized if your on parole... he is supposed to be on parole for another year, but if he pays the money he owes he will get off it. He is so anxious to get baptized. It probably won't take that long but the only problem is he doesn't have a job... that's a big problem. So now we are working on getting him a job.

We have also been working with a man named Jason Privette who is married to a member. He is sweet! One of my favorite people in my mission. We have been teaching him since I got here and yesterday I finally committed him to be baptized. It was so perfect! The Spirit was in control of the entire lesson. I don't even know what I was saying... and me or him wouldn't look away. It was like an hour long staring contest... then I committed him and we just kept staring at each other for a whole minute, my eyes were getting watery. But I refused to blink, then he said that he thinks he is still an investigator.... it made me so mad. But he promised me he would pray about it. He knows he is going to get baptized... its just a matter of when.

Anyways I took Elder Hill tracting for the first time last week... it didn't go well. Every door he had he would introduce us and say that I had a message to share, so I would start teaching. I told him not to do that and he ignored me, so the next time he did it I didn't say anything and the person at the door got mad because neither of us were talking and just shut the door... Elder Hill was in a bad mood the rest of the day. But it's all good, I am becoming a much better teacher this transfer. haha

Anyways I got my Patriarchal Blessing and my Line of Authority! I was so excited!

We got our miles restricted ...now we can only drive 1100 which is way too low! I don't know how we are going to do it... I think I am going to call the office and try and have them give me some more... our area is way too big...

So, when we were tracting last week I was driving to tract the street that we had decided on when I felt a prompting to tract a small street we had just passed. So I went back and we tracted it. The whole street sucked until the last house.

It was a girl named Danielle who had ordered a Book of Mormon a long time ago and never got it. So I taught her about it and committed her to be baptized and she said yes. We are going to see her again on Thursday.

We also met a guy on Saturday named Isaiah and he came to church and the other Elder's baptism. He is sweet. I set a baptismal date with him for the 18th... he smokes and drinks but we will take care of that.

Anyways I love you all!
Trevon

No comments:

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us