So, I am in Mandarin 2nd ward... it's in southern Jacksonville... my area is really small and I am on bike... I actually followed Elder Weidmeier here . I replaced him... our boundaries are south to I-295 west to the St. Johns river, east to Phillips highway, and north to Baymeadows Rd. I am serving in President Newman's ward and I am back in St. Augustine district... I am companions with Elder Macdonald who lived at the courner of Ray and Val Vista. Haha he went to Mesquite. He s pretty sweet we are having alot of fun and working really hard. This is a pretty slow area but we decided we are going to jump start it and have 9 baptisms this transfer! And this week our goal is to teach 150 lessons and invite 100 people to be baptized. Meaning we are going to have to talk to more than everybody we come in contact with... my most I have taught on a mission is 90 something so this will be cool!
I haven't met anybody in the ward really, just a couple people. But I have liked what I have seen.. they seem to be a big help.
I was hoping somebody could send me a big blowup map of my mission... I want to highlight the areas I have served in it and my boundaries and write all of my baptisms inside each of them. It would be fun and I can hang it somewhere when I get home... I have no idea how to do that so that's why I ask if it can be done.....Jarod?
I am loving it here even though I will be on bike through summer and hurricane season I think I will see a lot of people baptized in this area.
So story time... I got here on Thursday and on Saturday at 5:00 I got a call from Dunn Ave and they said that James Smith, who I had been teaching is getting baptized at 6:00... 1 hour. And he wanted me to baptize him... so I called James Howard who is an ex communicated member in Dunn Ave that I have a pretty close relationship with and he came and picked us up and took us to the baptism... I baptized James.... and had completely forgotten a change of garments so I had to wear wet garments all the way home... hahahahahahahahahahahaha it was pretty ridiculous!.
But, anyways i love you all and i hope to hear from you soon.
10275 Old St. Augustine Rd. #1010
Jacksonville, Florida 32257
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment