COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Monday, October 20, 2008

October 20, 2008

Well, this last week was pretty good!

We set another date for Junior to get baptised, which is November 2nd. I wish we could do it this weekend, but Junior hasn't told his mom he is getting baptised yet, and we think she will cause problems.

We also met this older lady who lives by some of our members and is pretty nice... she is friends with the members. Her husband died a year ago. She is Catholic, so we taught her the plan of salvation and she said that even though it's not what the Catholics believe that it's what she believes, and that she can see her husband again. It was pretty sweet and the spirit was really strong, but she doesn't understand that the only way to be with her dead husband forever is to get sealed in the temple. But we are working with her, she is really cool and is cooking us dinner tomorrow night.

Another member got one of his friends to come over for a lesson and that was pretty exciting! He was a black 29 year old who is really cool, and he invited us to play basketball with him on Wednesday nights. We got permission from President to play, so I'm going to play street ball in the ghetto! I am so excited! I have never played that kind of ball before!

So, I heard that Chelsie Thomas is getting married in January. That is pretty sweet. I am very happy for her but I totally saw it coming. And, mom, Rachel said that she met Allison in Hawaii... what are the chances? So I only got a letter from Mom and Shannon this week, for all I know the rest of you are dead? Just kidding, I know you all are busy....but please write.....it is a lifeline for me!

Today we are going to the Whetstone chocolate factory.. anyway I got to go... love you all
Elder Rogers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sister Rogers, yeah I have actually spent quite a bit of time with Allison and she is such an awesome and sweet lady. By the way, I thought missionaries weren't suppose to smoke crack? But apparently Trevon does because he completely failed to mention the face that I too sent him a letter. Normally I would not mind, but in this case it was an awesome letter. I took time and tried to be thoughtful and it was like 4pages long! Ha ha! I'm just messin, he is lucky he has the excuse of being busy and forgetful. I hope your family is well, take care!

Karen Rogers said...

Yeah Trevon forgot a couple of other letters this week too. He has selective memory....I just remember years ago....hearing you say...."Trevon, you are so Clueless." We are sure proud of Trevon tho, he seems to be so focused on what he is doing. That is the way he has always been.....

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us