So, I don't think I told you much about the Williams family... I don't know how I overlooked it but it happened about a month ago... I had a dream and in the dream I knocked on the door of a house that was number 232. But I didn't know where it was. This girl answered the door. Anyways I woke up and told Elder Hill about the dream... We went out tracting and we were having a bad day. We were getting rejected everywhere and Hill was "like, let's go find your house." So we went driving down all the streets with 232 on them, and we finally found the one I had seen in my dream... So we knocked on the door, and who answers the door but the girl in my dream.! Her name is Tonya... she is black and has 4 kids and a husband. We couldn't meet with her for a while , but when we finally got to sit down with the whole family it was tuff.... the dad is very smart in his knowledge of the Bible... his name is Brodrick.
We taught the first and committed them all to baptism. They all said yes except him... but he told me that I had a light about me and he wanted me to come back. So, the next day we went over and taught the plan of salvation... he didn't like much of what Elder Hill said, and he didn't like the idea of three kingdoms... then he asked me what I thought of it all and I told him how we found their house and that God sent us here to change their lives... then I asked him if he knew if the Book of Mormon was true...(he had been reading it) There was a long silence where we just stared at each other. Then he said Yes, he did know without a doubt... then I told him he needed to be baptized on March 21st and there was another silence and he said , "ya, I do".
So, we set a date with Tonya, Brodrick, Lant-13, Jasmin-15, Asia-12, and Corey-11. Then we told them we would come over everyday at 5 to see how they are doing... The next day we came over and somebody we have never met answered the door. Her name is Lequida and she is 19 apparently and she has 5 kids.! So we invited her to church and told her we wanted her to get baptized with her family and gave her a Book of Mormon... She said she would pray about it... but she didn't seem too sincere. So on Sunday we went back because none of them came to Church. We talked to Brodrick for a long time... apparently Tonya had to go to the hospital because she has diabetes and she doesn't take care of herself. But the whole atmosphere of the house has changed! It seemed like we were trying to convince Brodrick before, but now it's like we are just telling him what he has to do and he believes and understands it all...
The gospel is so sweet!
Anyways Marvina is still set to be baptized on Sunday after church and she is still doing sweet... I am so excited! My first baptism found tracting!
I love you all! Trevon
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment