So this is Elder Vincent's last p-day.
And I might get transferred next week. So if anybody has a letter to send, send it before this Friday or wait until my next email to find out if I am still in St. Augustine.
We got another baptismal date for Adrianna, a 80 year old woman from Guatemala. She can barely stand up so we are going to have Elder Vincent and another really big guy from the ward baptize her in a swimming pool... she is really large.
She refers to Elder Vincent, Wiedmeier and I as her children because we have spent so much time teaching her.
We also taught this sweet lesson to a guy we met tracting named Mike.
He refers to himself as a spiritual missionary and he follows where the spirit is strongest... he said that if we showed up to his house and told him that he was going to hell he would still like us because we have a light?
He is really cool though, he is a football coach at a Catholic school: but he doesn't like football at all... its kinda funny but we got to go to one of his JV football games and sit on the field...
It has been pretty hot this last week. It only rained like 3 times which is the least amount I've got since I arrived.
I was reading in Leviticus this week, and I read the chapter about Jacob's ladder... it is pretty deep. At first I thought it was kinda like Lehi's dream because it says Christ is at the top of the ladder so it's like your supposed to keep climbing even though its such a long way...
but Joseph Smith translation says that Christ is really not at the top of the ladder, but He is standing next to Jacob... I did a lot of studying for it and would love to hear what anybody else thinks about this scripture and what the dream means... its in Leviticus 28 I think. I don't have my scriptures on me so I can't look it up to make sure.
So, I have 45 dollars left on my church card for this month so I might be buying another tie next week... we get 100 dollars a month to spend. So I have gotten pretty good at saving money... yeah!
Not much else happened last week. I was sick and kinda still am but I just take some multi vitamins and it's all better.
Well, I will try and take some pictures and send them home. But I don't have any right now so it will probably be a while.
Well I love you all
P.S. I didn't get any letters this week ;)
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment