COMMENTS!!!!

Just to clarify for everyone. Not only is this a blog for people to read about Trevon and how he is doing in the Mission Field, but I also plan to make it into a book for when he returns. I really feel that comments made by all of you would be a great addition to this book. Even if it is just a comment that has nothing to do with his letters, it would be great! So, since 41 people have visited this blog, there should be at least 41 comments! (And to date, there are ZERO!!!) So, let's get the comments rolling, all right??!?!!?!??!

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Elders Rogers and Cleverly

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009

Note from Mom:

This letter kind of makes me nervous! Sometime moms don't like to know some of these details.....


So on Tuesday we had District Meeting. Our Zone Leader came and told us a story that the night before he got a call from a member that they were trying to reactivate. She was getting attacked while he was on the phone with her! He was talking about how we are not just missionaries but we are literally soldiers at war with Satan and everybody we don't bring to Christ can effect hundreds of others. It was pretty inspirational and it got us to go out wand work alright. Not a lot happened until the weekend though... we got a couple people to come to our Wednesday night class, which was pretty exciting... but on Saturday we went out tracting and we found a couple of promising investigators: including Amanda who i was teaching when I first got to Mandarin when I was in the other half of ithe area... we were teaching her but she moved and lost all our information so we couldn't get in contact with her... but she has gone to the Dunn ave. Ward a couple of times since we last saw her. And she took it as a sign that I happened to tract into her again... we are setting up an appointment with her tonight and will hopefully be able to meet with her tomorrow.

And on Sunday morning we got a call at 4 am. It was Robert Simmons a recent convert in the ward and he said that there were some people after him who wanted to kill him!
It was pretty unnerving... he told me the whole story and I think he was imagining things a little bit.. but he told me that he was high so I told him to come over and he stayed the rest of the night at our house because he was too scared to go home. So I talked with him for a while to calm him down then I made him get showered and take some of my clothes and sent him to church so he could go to Mandarin 1st ward Sacrament meeting while I was getting ready for my ward... then we had our meetings before church and Robert called again. This time he was at work and the people he had been with the night before had come and broke into his car so he got the day off and came to church so he wouldn't be alone... the Elders Quorum president and I went for a long drive with him and talked about what he was going to do next. We came back to the church and talked with the 1st councelor and decided he needed to call the cops. So we called the cops and they came here and talked with him and we got it kinda sorted out. Today he is going to change his phone number and hopefully get moved out and into a new apartment. That way they won't be able to find him. It was a pretty intense day and I was so exhausted I went to sleep right after getting done planning and eating.
Anyways we aren't doing anything today... probably take another nap.I am really tired.
Anyways love you all lots thanks for all the letters I got this week. hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

MySpace Countdown Generator
Get your own free countdown at MyspaceGeek.us