So this was a pretty intense week.
On Monday we wrote letters and then went home for Pickering to pack to go home.
Then on Tuesday we got picked up by the senior couples the Naylors and they dropped me off at Elder Probert and Amesse and then took Pickering to meet President.
After that we had my last District meeting with Probert as my DL. and then we went to a members house for Probert and Amesse to do something on their computer so I just sat there and played with the members dogs. On Wednesday they were planning on packing all day, so I got one of the Priests in the Ward to go on an all day trade off with me and I went back to my area and tracted there. Then transfers came.
Elder Probert went up to Brunswick Georgia to be a Zone leader. Amesse went down to Ocala Florida... and my new companion isn't a new companion... I got assigned as senior companion to Elder Chadwick... my mtc companion... haha I didn't see that coming at all.
Anyways now we have a car share in the area so every other week we will be on car and then on bike the next time around.
After transfer meetings on Thursday I got a call from James Howard from Dunn Ave. Ward ...he is an excommunicated member that I got coming back to church while I was there and he and his nonmember girlfriend just had their baby and he wants me to come up and bless the baby this weekend. I think it would be sweet to go but I don't know if I can. I don't think President will let me and I will miss PEC in the morning and I don't think its the best idea... I think I will tell him that I can't make it because I have other obligations... he will be sad but it will only last a while.
Then on Friday we had our weekly planning. and we decided on a goal to baptize 7 people this transfer and I had a very spiritual experience that night where I just prayed for about an hour trying to figure out who we were going to baptize this transfer.
On Saturday morning there was a pioneer day activity at the church.. we ate breakfast and it was amazing I stuffed myself so full you couldn't fit water down my throat... after that we did a tug of war with the missionaries against all of the primary kids and the teachers we won because Chadwick is huge... and then we did my favorite part ...a pie eating contest... it was Bishop, Bishop's son, Bro Sanderson (executive secretary) and I. I had an egg custard pie and I guess I don't like egg custard pie. And not to mention I was full to bursting... so we couldn't use our hands or forks or anything we had to go at it with our mouth and I got maybe 4 bites in before I puked all over the pie... it was disgusting but I was determined to win so I started to go down to eat again and I couldn't find a part of the pie that didn't have throw up on it so I figured it was time to give up... I couldn't do it. But it was really fun...
Then we had a water balloon toss with all the primary kids I was using a towel with a three year old girl who was adorable and tried so hard to throw the balloon but she could never do it so I would have to cheat a little bit to get it to the next towel but it was worth it because she would get so happy when it would make it over... and at the end she threw the last water balloon at me and soaked me... it was a really fun morning... then we went tracting the rest of the day.
On Sunday we had our first ward correlation in this ward.. meaning it was the first time that we met with our ward mission leader and went over who we were teaching... our new ward mission leader is so excited about everything. He handed out three Book of Mormons to two elders and I went with him to Relief Society to hand one out. I bore my testimony both times and told them all about my goal to baptize 7 people this transfer and I told them that I don't know who the people are but God does and I asked for their help in finding the seven... it was reallly good I think some of the members got inspired by that...
Anyways that is about it I hope that it was long enough. I have been getting good at writing in my journal I have written every day this week and almost 3 pages a day... i hope to finish this one a lot sooner than the first one I finished.
anyways I love you all. Please write!
Mission Leadership Council 12/4/19
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment